When an EF-2 tornado hit a small town outside Omaha, the 120-mile winds destroyed the home of Mr. Robin Stoll. He had been working in his shed when he spotted the twister coming across the field. Stoll’s dog ran to take refuge under the porch, but Stoll recalls the tornado “…picked me up and threw me against the tree… so I just held on.” And the tree helped save his life. While the storm ravaged around them, both Stoll and his dog survived with just a few cuts and scrapes.
As you reflect over the past year, you can probably name many unexpected things that blew into your life – perhaps the whirlwind of a diagnosis, the loss of a loved one, financial difficulty, or the global pandemic that affected us all.
When times of crisis and uncertainty hit, it’s important to know we have something strong to hold onto, to protect ourselves and those we love. Psalm 46 says “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” He can be trusted to protect and provide, no matter the stakes. We can also take steps to ensure we’re financially secure for years to come.
A Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) is a popular planned gift agreement that provides you with secure, dependable lifetime payments and allows the Springfield Rescue Mission to further our work. CGAs create an opportunity to experience confidence and financial security, no matter what life brings. Here’s how they work:
- You transfer cash, securities or other property to the Springfield Rescue Mission.
- You receive an income tax deduction and may save capital gains tax. We pay a fixed amount each year to you or anyone you name for life. Typically, a portion of these payments is tax-free.
- When the gift annuity ends, the remaining principal goes to our work.
Even though we can’t see what is ahead, the promise of God’s unwavering love stands firm. Uncertainty never takes Him by surprise.
Please Consider Including THE SPRINGFIELD RESCUE MISSION in Your will
- I would like information on Charitable Gift Annuities.
- I have already included the Springfield Rescue Mission in my will, trust, or estate plan.
Preferred Phone Email
Reply with the enclosed envelope or contact Greg Clark at (413) 732-0808 ext. 219 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to christianwill.org/springfield to bless your family with a God-honoring will.